The Woodlands Centre has an excellent canteen ran by our in house kitchen staff. Providing quality breakfasts, refreshments at breaktime and lunches at a very reasonable cost, pupils can experience a wide variety of different meals each day. While we encourage pupils to have a lunch provided by the Woodlands, sandwiches can also be brought into school and eaten in the provided dining area.
Pupils bring in payment of £2.00 in cash for school meals daily and hand into our school office.
“[Students] choose a nutritious breakfast to start the day on a positive note.”
(Woodlands School Ofsted 2013)
Free School Meals
Free school meals can help your child maintain a healthy balaanced diet. It is a simple process to start your claim and offer a nutritious, varied and tasty meal at lunchtimes.
Here at Woodlands School, Shropshire Council awards free school meals to families who receive one of the qualifying incomes as outlined below
- Income support (IS)
- Income-based jobseekers allowance (IBJSA)
- Income-related employment and support allowance (ESA(IR)
- Child tax credit provided you are not receiving work tax credit and you do not have an annual income that exceeds £16,190 (as assessed by H.M Revenue and Customs).
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guarantee element of state pension credit
Shropshire Council Free School Meals: http://shropshire.gov.uk/free-school-meals/
Free School Meals Application Form which you can drop off at the Woodlands School or directly to Shropshire Council.